Who We Are
We provide first rate, professionally managed cleanroom facilities to UCLA researchers, industry users, and other interested parties.
The Nanoelectronics Research Facility (or Nanolab) is located on the 1st floor of Engineering IV.
- In operation since 1993.
- Over 100 years of combined staff experience.
- Open 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Limited building access after 11pm.
- Staff hours M-F from 9am-6pm.
- Active industry user base: over 70 in the past 4 years.
- Training by onsite, experienced staff and users.
- Online equipment reservation system.
- Professionally managed cleanroom facilities.
- Full complement of clean room utilities including high purity DI water, high purity Nitrogen, Reactive gases, chilled water, and compressed air.
- Handling of both silicon and compound semiconductor processes.
- Can handle up to 6 inch substrates.
- No membership fee for industry users.
- 8000 Sq. ft class 1000 HEPA filtered cleanroom with an additional 500 sq. ft of class 100 space with temperature and humidity control.
- Vibration-isolated floor, independently suspended from the building.
- High Purity Deionized water system (18 MOhm/cm) with filtration, UV bacteria removal etc.
- High purity (5 9's) bulk nitrogen gas delivery system, filtered at point of use.
- Full complement of utilities including chilled water, compressed air etc.
- 500 sq ft yellow room for processing photosensitive materials.
- Miscellaneous laminar flow hoods for class 100 work.
- 7 scrubber-exhausted fume hoods some with in deck temperature controlled baths, ultrasonic baths, automatic DI water dump rinsers etc. All fume hoods completely plumbed with high purity DI and high purity nitrogen.
- Remote toxic gas bunker with automatic purge panel and orbital-welded stainless steel lines for safe handling of poison and pyrophoric gases.
- In situ, real-time toxic gas monitoring system.