NanoLab Mask Shop
Heidelberg Mask Writer
The UCLA NanoLab offers photo-mask shop services to both academic and industry users. The masks provided are suitable for direct-contact photolithography using a Mask Aligner, such as the Karl Suss MA6. The photomasks are exposed with a Heidelberg DW66 laseer writer and eveloped, etched and packaged in our own facility.
Photomasks are commonly used in photolithography to allow light to shine through a defined pattern.
You can learn more about the Heidelberg DW66 laser writer here. The laser writer is located in the Engineering IV cleanroom facility. For specific questions regarding the Heidelberg DW66 laser writer, please contact Wilson Lin at email@example.com or Joe Zendejas at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For information on your mask status, please click here.
Please allow between 1-3 days for your mask to be completed, with an additional 1-2 days if your order is shipped. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Mask Shop Information
How to Order Masks
- Complete an NRF Mask Fabrication Submission Form for each mask layer.
- Create a mask filename not containing spaces or special characters. Underscores and dashes are acceptable characters.
- Email submission form(s) and mask file(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also drop off the submission form(s) and mask file(s) at the Nanolab office, located in 14-131A Engineering IV.
- Individual cost is determined by the X-Y extent of the pattern, i.e. the X and Y dimensions of a rectangle that encompasses the entire pattern of the mask.
- There are seperate academia and industry rates. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Dimension Specifications & Available Plates
Critical Dimension Specifications
- 3 micron with a 0.2 micron tolerance
- The CD can be pushed down to 2 microns, but results strongly depend on the layout and are not guaranteed.
- 4″, 5″ and 6″ Chrome Soda/Lime Masks are supplied by the UCLA NanoLab.
- Iron-Oxide masks are not supplied by the UCLA NanoLab.
Mask File Acceptable Formats
While turn around time is dependent on the queue, masks take approximately 3 business days to complete after the file is submitted. Please allow a minimum of 2 business days for shipping.
Mask Pick Up & Error Policy
- Masks can be picked up from the Mask Pick Up table located to the left as you enter the Mask Writer room. Outside customers will have their masked shipped by the carrier of their choice for an extra charge.
- It is the responsibility of the user to inspect the mask for erros immediately upon receiving the mask. If there is any error, UCLA NanoLab will remake the mask at no extra charge. However, this policy is void if the mask has already been used on the aligner or it has been more than 5 days since the mask was received.