Equipment Category – Lithography
Headway Spin Coater
Headway Research, Inc. produces a line of spin coaters, spin developers for photoresist imaging, and spin cleaners. Our spinners, associated dispensers, and accessories are commonly used for R&D and specialty production use.
Headway’s spinners rotate an object (substrate), and use the centrifugal force to spread a liquid across the surface. Uses include:
cleaning a substrate surface
- Conditioning the surface for following processes.
- Coating the surface with a thin uniform film.
- Developing micro images in exposed photosensitive coatings.
- Software has been improved to eliminate the problem caused if the power was turned off (re- booted) in the middle of a calibration procedure. Now, with the PWM50, turning power off without completing a calibration procedure will just cancel the calibration procedure, with no problem to starting over.
- The system has been re-designed to permit the optional (at time of purchase) addition of 8 more outputs (plus the prior 3). At the time of installation, this requires additional hardware, an I/O board, additional harness and connector.
- The “PS” motor, successful for many years, has been replaced in the PWM50, with a more modern design, called a “DY” motor. The “PS” motors in stock will be sold as replacement parts until gone. No more “PS” motors will be manufactured. The “DY” motor will work as a direct replacement for prior product using “PS” motors.
- The PWM50 provides password protection for 9 of 10 recipes. If the recipe designer so chooses, he can protect his recipe with a password on recipes 1 through 9, the 0 recipe is kept open for anyone to use, without a password.