Equipment Category – Measurement
Hitachi S4600 SEM
Location: Engineering IV Site | Back to Equipment >>
The Hitachi S-4700 FE-SEM is a cold field emission high resolution scanning electron microscope. This SEM permits ultra high resolution imaging of thin films and semi-conductor materials on exceptionally clean specimens. It is also suitable for polymeric materials. The S-4700 is configured to detect secondary and backscattered electrons as well as characteristic X-rays. The system is fully automated and is operated via easy-to-use menu driven software.
- Secondary imaging can be carried out at short working distances with an overhead detector or at longer distances with a side-mounted detector, and these SE detector signals can be isolated or mixed.
- Backscatter imaging can be accomplished at accelerating voltages as low as 1 kV at high resolution with the Hitachi-proprietary ExB detector.
- The menu based Windows software and greater automation will lead to greater ease of use for most individuals.
- Energy dispersive analysis is provided via an ultra thin window detector.
- Analysis of elements from boron through uranium is possible with this detection system.
- It is interfaced with a Gresham Titan Analog HV Power Supply / Pulse Processor and 4Pi Spectral Engine Hardware with DTSA and Revolution Software.
- Software is available in these packages for X-ray mapping, qualitative, standardless and rigorous standards-based quantitative analysis.
- The S-4700 FE-SEM system is interfaced to the campus network so all user data can be downloaded to user storage systems from the laboratory.
- Noah Bodzin
- Yuwei Fan
- Trainings Required: 2