New User ProcedureNanoLab Research Facility (NRF) - Engineering Cleanroom
Step 1: Orientation
Covers the capabilities and regulations of the lab.
- Watch the orientation video below.
- Required for academic and industry users.
- Contact Max Ho for more information.
- Orientation Slides
- NRF Laboratory Usage Guide
Step 2: Forms and Requirements
- New user application.
- Complete safety training course “UCLA EH&S Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts.”
Step 3: Safety Test
- Email Max Ho to request taking the online safety test along with a filled out New User Application Form.
- UCLA users: include proof of completion of the EH&S Laboratory Safety Fundamentals course.
- A link to take the on-line safety test will be included in the reply email. You must pass the test to continue the application process.
Step 4: Walkthrough
Designed to familiarize you with the facility and learn the location of equipment, emergency exits, safety procedures, and other vital information.
- See the calendar for scheduled times. Aprox. 2 hours. Calendar
- Wear closed-toe shoes, pants, and shirts with sleeves.
- Access badges will be distributed at this time.